I am working on exciting distributed systems problems as an engineer at Apple. Previously, I was a graduate student at the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois, at Urbana Champaign, where my research focussed on scheduling problems in stream processing systems.
Before coming to UIUC, I completed my undergraduate education at the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, NUST in Pakistan.
When I am not working, I like to spend my time reading. Check out my ever-growing reading list here!
Ongoing Research Work
Meezan: Stream Processing as a Service
To simplify deployment of stream processing jobs on cloud services, we build Meezan that presents novice users of stream processing systems with a range of deployment options per job. Each option has a different cost where costlier options satisfy more tightly constrained service level objectives.
Building Scalable and Flexible Cluster Managers Using Declarative Programming
Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI) 2020 [pdf]
Kaizen: Building a Performant Blockchain System Verified for Consensus and Integrity
Formal Methods in Computer-Aided Design (FMCAD) 2019 [pdf]
Caladrius: A Performance Modelling Service for Distributed Stream Processing Systems
IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering, 2019 [pdf]
Henge: Intent-Driven Multi-Tenant Stream Processing
CRATER: A crowd sensing application to estimate road conditions
IEEE Access 4, 2016 [pdf]
Bené: On Demand Cost-Effective Scaling at the Edge
Awards and Honors
- Sohaib and Sara Abbasi Fellowship, Fall 2015 – Spring 2020
- Invited to Facebook’s Women in Research Lean In Event, Fall 2019
- Invited to attend the Rising Stars in EECS workshop at UIUC, Fall 2019
- Mavis Future Faculty Fellowship awarded by the UIUC College of Engineering, Fall 2019 - Spring 2020
- Recipient of travel funding from CS@Illinois to attend the Grace Hopper Conference, 2019
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award awarded by CS@Illinois, Fall 2018
- Recipient of the Usenix Student Grant, ATC 2017 and travel funding for SoCC 2018
- Selected to join Tau Beta Pi, the oldest engineering honor society in the US, Fall 2015 - Present
- NUST-SEECS Open House Winner in Software Engineering, 2015
- Recipient of President’s Gold Medal for academic excellence in undergraduate studies, 2015
- NUST Scholarship for all semesters since admission in undergraduate studies, Fall 2011 – Fall 2014
Designed by W3layouts